18.6.10

Interview: Chatchanok Wongvachara aka PINK


What do you do? How do you define yourself as an artist?
I'm student of 3rd year Chulalongkorn University : Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts Creative Department  : Graphic Design.
“Life is experimental” because I believe life is fun and there’re too many things for me to learn and discover so I change those attitude 
about my art to become part of my life and let’s fun with it.And for that I do love to drawing and making hand crafted artwork because
I think something that created by hand are more winsome than something created by technology only.

 What is art?
For me Art is the way to communicate or express something that artist or designer think.


 What inspires you and your art?
Everything.Something I can touch , feel , see , listen , read or think whatever that inspired me.Life has full complete with everything that so interesting and inspiring.

 Have your childhood and life experiences so far shaped your art? If yes, how?
Yes,I think it's in my genetic .I'm interested in Art since I was born.Seeing something that few people noticed or shaped the sky into the castle.
I'm such a spoiled girl and my parent do taking care of me a lot so since my father pass away I have to do everything by myself.The subject that I hate 
the most is computer but since I know that it would be important in our life in the future so I study by myself and learn to use it along with my interested in art.
What is your motivation? What makes you get up in the mornings?
To be success and greater than yesterday.That's my motivate because I'm really ambitious.And also because I like to try something new all the time.

  What is your forte in illustration?
My drawing skill and detailed person.I do believe in Less is more , God is in the details.

Have you completed formal art studies, or are you self-taught?
I'm self-taught.If I want to try or get to know something,it's the best to practice a lot and learn by myself but if I can study from knowledgeable people it would be great too.

Do you have a particular style, or does it vary a lot?
I think I don't have particular style because I love to try something new all the time but I do lots of works from illustration/drawing mix with photography and crafted artwork.




 Is it possible to teach creativity? how?
I don't think creativity can be taught but can be suggested or inspired by someone or something around us.
It's just the way of thinking and processing in work so it can't be easily to teach.

 How do you avoid repeating yourself? How do you stay fresh?
Like I said before "Life is experimental" I don't like doing something repeating because I love to try something new all the time.


What are you working on now?
Now I'm working on project citiD " Honor your city" and somewhere Thai " project for graphic designer in my country,showing perspective about what do you think is Thai"
and some personal works , freelancing works and my graphic design class at university.So I'm really busy here haha.

Which of your jobs or tasks do you most enjoy?
Personal works because I can do anything that I like.

Do you have any specific goals as an artist?
Have my own business.

What is the most important piece of advice you could give to a young art student or aspiring artist?
I'm not sure because I'm still student too haha but I for some tips that I believe is hardworking,see lots of works and be confident in
yourself.Your works is great,there’re no good or bad in design.Find your ways to improve yourself and someone will see you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails